Thursday, June 26, 2008

Roy Thomas

They were inseperable

The two of them were like brothers

Even as they grew older

They wern't like the others



Their friendship grew

He was his best man

Small talk here and there

There was no set plan



Both had families

Their kids became friends

We all knew that it would remain

Until they met their ends



Close to the same age

Live in the same city

To grow apart

Would be a pity



The two men still talk

And they hold each other dear

Last night was unexpected

And the end for one became near



He is in the ICU

I went with my dad

To be with his best man's family

Who were still shocked and sad



My heart was racing

I tried to keep control

My emotions were changing

Wondering about this man's soul



These two inseperable men

Were almost seperated

By the one thing

That none would've anticipated



Now I am fearing

For both of their lives

Since they are both too young

For what so easily hides



He is scheduled for surgery

On monday morning

And the time until it's success

Will be agonizing





Father God, I just want to lift up Roy to you...I just pray that you will be with the doctors who perform the bypass for his heart and that all will go well. Roy is like my uncle, and he is such a good man. His wife, his kids, his sisters, all of his family needs him. God, please just comfort him and his family in this process and let him be up and about shortly. I love Roy like family. Please protect him. You are the Great Physician and I know all things can be done through you. Thank you for your mercy and healing. In Your Name...amen.

No comments: