Wednesday, July 27, 2011

TWENTY.

07/27/1991 - I was born.

It's weird for me to think that I have been alive for 20 years. I've made so many friendships throughout my life, and lost a few as well. I never thought at age 20 that I would be a college drop-out living in Shawnee, OK.

I moved to Oklahoma, away from all my family in Texas, just a few months ago. Since being here, I have become the shop manager for Dead Ringer Tattoo and have enjoyed every minute of life that has passed by. Sure, people are crazy and will call or come in and irritate me slightly, but being surrounded by so much art and creative energy has made me feel at home. The shop owners are incredible people. They have many of the same views as I do, and make me feel like family.

This will be my first birthday away from Texas and all of my blood relatives, but I'm thankful to have my Shawnee family here to celebrate with me. I know God has placed these people in my life for a reason, and loving them like family is how it should be.

I will miss being around my relatives all the time, but I can always go to Texas to visit, and they can always come to Shawnee. For me, I think separation is key in the path to adulthood, and right now it is time for me to find who I am meant to be.

Guidance will always be given to me by those I seek guidance from, and wisdom will be granted through prayer and determination. I thought this birthday would make me depressed, simply because I don't have it "all figured out." Life, however, has taught me that all you can do is try your best and you will potentially succeed.

Age does not define a person, their grasp on reality and eternity does. Thankfully, the latter of the two I think I have figured out; the former is just something that can change daily.

Being 20 will not be too bad. It will probably be just like the years before, but with new experiences. I'm ready.

No comments: