Friday, April 13, 2007

RISK

Tonight was very interesting.... I went and played a game called "RISK". If you don't know what it is... it is a strategic board game. This was actually the first time that I have ever played RISK, and it was quite fun.

Playing this game taught me a few things....
*When you "stab someone in the back," so to speak, you will have to earn their trust back.
*People can decieve you, quite easily.
*Listen to those who you "know" the most.

The reason I say this, was because I "stabbed my friend in the back" while playing this game. Ryan and I had made a "treaty" and I broke it. Later on, after Ryan was wiped off the board, I began to trust Joshua. Joshua decieved me, and I was too blind to notice.... If I would've stayed with Ryan, He and/or I may have won the game.

Now, it's just a stupid game... lessons like these can be put into the context of real life situations. From now on, I will stay loyal to those whom I can truely trust and try not to fall into defeat of the hands of satan... He's a jerkface.

<3-andrea

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"RISK" is the ultimate game that depicts and put the human personality into a board game...At least Western Culture people.

With the ultimate point of the game being "world domination," players will cheat, lie, form pacts that they know they will break, make promises they don't at all intend to keep -- all in the name of winning the game...er, dominating the game.

"Now, it's just a stupid game..." you say, and you're right, but games like these only further encourage and teach us that it's OK to step on everyone else on our way to the top.

I, however, am reminded that "to be first you must first be last" (Jesus, Mark 9.34-36) - a concept that flies in the face of the desire in all of us to "rule the world."

A-Town said...

Very true...

But for someone like me... I cant enjoy to "step on everyone" and not feel guilty about it....

RISK is an awesome game, and really alot of fun... Just try to leave the role of "taking complete domination" in the game... and in life, try not to be a "ruler."

Anonymous said...

Do something enough times...and eventually, it seems OK...