Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Physical Death

If someone you love was dying, would you want to know?

How does one deal with the fact that a loved one has a short time frame left on this earth?

I know when my brother died, I felt like God wasn't being fair; I never got to say "goodbye."

I realize that none of us can know the moment of our death until it comes, and I realize none of us are even guaranteed tomorrow. I still find it difficult to deal with knowing someone is so sick that it will lead to their physical death.

I know the Lord is capable of miracles. I know that physical death should be a joyous celebration for believers. I also know that the pain of loosing someone and the pain of watching others suffer loss, sucks. There is no way around it.

I think the thing I hate most about death, is I can never understand "why them?" Why does the Lord choose some to die early and not others? Why do some families have more premature deaths than others? Why are humans unable to know "why?"

I hate when I get this way. Some days are better than others, but sometimes I just get so angry and upset. I wish I were able to be a lady that is only upset for a short while, and is then able to always see the positive in every situation. Unfortunately I am not to that place yet. I hope that one day soon I will be able to leave the questions behind and fully trust God's plan.

"The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD sits enthroned as king forever. May the LORD give strength to his people! May the LORD bless his people with peace!" (Psalm 29: 10-11)

No comments: