Friday, February 3, 2012

Aunt Becky

After a hard fought battle against stage 4 breast cancer, my aunt ultimately won. The Lord took her home earlier today, and she left her cancer behind.

It is a time of overwhelming emotions for me and my family as well. We are all sad that we will never see her smiling face upon this earth again. However, we are joyous in the fact that she is worshiping our Father and singing with the angels.

My aunt Becky holds a special place in my heart. I will always remember the good times singing in her car, sleepovers, jokes, and love that she shared. I will never be able to fully describe how much my aunt Becky means to me.... She isn't just my aunt, she's my aunt Beck....

I know that her funeral on Monday will be one to remember... Becky was no ordinary woman, so her funeral will be an extraordinary celebration of her faithful life on this earth.

My prayer is that the Lord would be with Caroline, Becky's daughter, and the rest of our family, and bring us peace.

Thank you sweet Jesus for taking Becky home, and having her life touch so many people.

No comments: